Search This Blog

Saturday, February 18, 2012

My First Allegiance Still--But By God's Grace


Another start after a loooong break is probably as good a time as any to reflect on why I started this blog.
As I reviewed my blog post of May 7, 2007, I was reminded that I was challenged with not accepting the culturally-bound version of Christianity that I had so comfortably embraced.

Also, I was challenged to seek higher spiritual aspirations for myself and my family. God has been gracious to me in these years; even so, I have not reached the places that I sought.  I still need a better prayer life. I still need to exercise better manly leadership in my family. God has put me in the place of being a deacon, but I find that I am in greater need of faith in Christ to serve Christ Jesus than ever before.

So I ask myself again,  what am I really doing for Christ. What talents, what training, what skills can I use for God's glory? God willing, I still hope to make service to Christ as my "first allegiance,"  and I still hope to write for the people of God in God's kingdom.  May God grant me more grace to write for God's people and for the sake of the Kingdom .

No comments: